Click

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Shoutout 3, Matthew, and 3's girlfriend (I respect her too much to namedrop her, idk her well enough to do that)

Tonight I woke my grandma up from a nightmare. I was brushing my teeth bumping Astroworld when I heard her screaming in the other room. I thought I was tweaking but I paused "Can't Say" just to make sure I heard something, and I was indeed correct. I don't remember the last time I woke her up from a nightmare. Last time had to have been when I used to sleep next to her as a kid. She thanked me, I hugged her and let her know that everything's gonna be alright, and not to worry. After all, it's through her that our family has maintained such a religious base, so it's only fair that I teach her back the things that she taught me.

Tonight I remembered that My grandma's life is way more f*cked than I can imagine.

Tonight I also realized that I'm not there for people as much as I say I am. I say I'm always there for people, but am I really? It's been such a long time since I went through an experience like tonight, how much more am I forgetting to check up on?

I'm never doing enough. Either that, or I'm doing too much. And that always seems to be a central problem with me. Balance. That's what I look for.

No comments:

Post a Comment